David Bowling, our town Mayor and School Governor has used his Mayoral allowance to donate an Amazon Kindle to one child from each school in Stainforth. David Bowling joined our KS2 assembly to personally award the Kindle. KS2 class teachers were asked to nominate a child from their class to be entered into the draw to win the reward. All nominated children received a golden token to use in the school book vending machine.
Children nominated were;
- Evangelos from Class 3H - “Evangelos tries very hard every day, comes in with a smile and loves school. He is always polite and kind to others. He loves to learn and we think he would put a Kindle to very good use and would care for it.”
- Rose from Class 3M – “Rose loves reading, she is really considered and careful when choosing her new library lending book and really thinks about what she is choosing to read.”
- Florence from Class 4B – “Florence always reads at home. She has a love of book sand is always seeking out new stories to read.”
- Justina from Class 4C – “Justina has a love for reading and can read well and this will only be strengthened with access to a greater variety of texts. She is very caring with her belongings and I believe that this would be something that she would really look after.”
- Kimberley from Class 5T – “Kimberley always reads each week and she LOVES the lending library. She makes careful choices when selecting books to read.”
- Kleo from Class 5W – “Kleo reads consistently, loves books and is constantly trying to seek out new literature to devour. We think she would really value a Kindle for both reading and to aid her education going forward as she frequently does extra work at home, voluntarily.”
- Natalia from Class 6NB – “Natalia reads consistently at home and has a genuine love for books and literature.”
- Lola from Class 6LB – “Lola will read a huge variety of fiction of her own choice but also engages with both our guided reading and class story books. She encourages other children to complete their four reads a week. She also isn’t a child who takes a book tries it and then immediately wants to swap it, she really commits to a book.”
The winner was Kleo from Class 5W. Well done Kleo!